Thursday, February 14, 2008

flurry of inspiration

On my way up to montreal' trying to get over the fact that my submission is due in a months time and I"m using personal days to snowboard. It seems not so cool of me, but i made these plans ages ago sadly-- so here I am. I have had a ton of ideas, one right after the other.
Overexposure continued...
What would clothes be protecting us from? Bad posture, maybe? As more previously active pple get desk jobs,we sloch and sit complacently all day we do our bodies a diservice by neglecting them . I thought about moulding hard plastic back-brace type obe belts (lumbar support and all of that) as well as cervical collars and pairing them with sterile white padded "hygenic" leather eisenhower jackets and pants, including padding and stretch panels to improve functionality ( think about that movie, The Island)

But this seems problematic. that whch supports also constrains. The modern person doesn't want to feel their clothes working against their body at all. So either the future of clothes controls and corrects the wearer or allows them complete mobility to deform themselves. I guess it comes down to how I see society progressing. Will we accept control? Or be controlled?

Well put that one in your pipe and smoke it for a lil while.I have another one for you

Melancholywood_
Its about E true hollywood story-- every tabloid in america, ripping down the very social royalty we put into power.we fuel the fame and the failure of every star. Consumer power. To rip down the a-list glmazons, like jealous wicked stepsisters.
I would start with classic draped 1930s style gowns. Using memory fabrics, layers of ombre chiffon, tulle, matte jersey, shiny silk jersey, shiny stretch satin, I would add treatments to the silhouettes like physical distressing (shredding) , bleaching, garment dip dying, and then pairing them with superislim jeans or baloon jeans ( bubble or drape around the hips) that have bits of mirrors, matte sequins, crystals, attached here and there in abstract ways (margiela did matte sequins in formation to appear shiny, maybe the chain metal fabric with matte enamels paired withcrystal would compliment well...
Styling would be the amy winehouse "crackhive" possibly the dripping black mascara so she appear to have just beencrying, bangles to the elbows like royalty, sin city red lipstick, patent leather shoes with platforms (goth pre-mommy angelina jolie comes to mind) I am thinking of applying a powder film over the entire outfit, to make the models look filmed, blurry, and worn...
and they walk powerfully as if to prove they are unstoppable, broken is the new chic..
walk on, walk tall

Bryan is playing Tegan and Sarah in the car right now...makes me wamt to fall asleep. Their illustrator for their merch has a nice gloomy style-- sketchy black cross hatched lines. But I lately feel an overrated quality about the music itself... Maybe due to my mood and other songs on my playlist

Music I listen to while sketching - IAMX-kiss+swallow, NIN-with teeth (entire album)
Bt- simply being loved and the Dennis Ruyer podcastfor radio 360. Paul van dyk, oxia, etc.

Ugh. The rentals. I so don' feel a runway under my feet when I hear friends of p.

Anyway enough of my bf and our different opinions on music. ' I'm taking a break...

I see snow flurries.. We are almost to the border (and out of network...)

No comments: